Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter baking.....

Happy Easter everyone! Hope you got a chance to enjoy your family and/or friends today. 

Have you ever just had a hankering to bake? I can't really explain the feeling if you haven't ever experienced it, but this morning when I woke up....I just wanted to bake. I have had this recipe for bookmarked for awhile, so decided it was finally the day to roll up my sleeves and do it! She calls it a Loft house- style cookie, but my boys know them as those good cookies from Walmart, so apparently someone on either end of the coast(or the mid-section for that matter) has seen these and adapted them.(Maybe a copycat version?)

Anyway, here is the rolling of the dough, notice, my 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter? it's actually the lid off of an applesauce jar, measuring exactly 2 1/2 inches.

Ahhhhh.....can you smell them yet? Here they cool on the rack.



Frosted glory!!!!!



My baking urge has subsided and now we have fresh cookies for our lunches all week long!


Now that I have committed to the wedding afghan here is a tidy little pile of squares......


See you soon, have a sublime Sunday!

No comments: